Department of cell biology and biotechnology
Head of the Department Natalya G. Menzyanova, PhD (Biology)
Employees – Goltvyansky A., PhD, Kuznetsova Yu., PhD, Kovalyova M., Sysenko E., Kizilova V.
- Root exudates
- Unicellular alga
- Geliophysic factors and variability of cell cultures
- Biological activity of plant and fungal exudates
Plant root exudates (wheat, barley).
Activity of root exudation and composition of root exudates as index of the functional state of root and of the whole plants. The influence of the seed aging, conditions of growth, different chemical pollutants on root exudation activity. The root exudation and resistance of the plants to different pollutants.
Border cells of wheat and barley.
The functional state of the border cells and activity of root exudation. The role of border cells for forming of resistance to different pollutants.
Cultivation conditions, culture productivity and alga biomass composition
Change of physical parameters of cultivation
- rate of mixing
Modification of culture medium
- Fe, Cu
- water extracts of humus
- blood serum
- change of salt concentration.
Biological rhythms in culture of the unicellular àlgae.
The frequency of the passages and functional activity of the cells. Variability of integral parameters in cultures of unicellular algae and fluctuations of heliophysical factors. Using of attractors for analysis of chaotic fluctuations of integral parameters in cultures of unicellular algae.
List of select publications (2007-2011)
- Bozhkov A. I., Kuznetsova Yu. A., Menzyanova N. G. Interrelationship between the growth rate of wheat roots, their excretory activity, and the number of border cells // Russian journal of plant physiology. – 2007. – V. 54, ¹1. – P. 111-118. (in Russian)
- Bozhkov A. I., . Menzyanova N. G, Kovalyova M. K.Annual rhythm of growth intensity of microalgal culture Dunaliella viridis Teod. (Chlorophyta) and fluctuations of some heliophysical factors. – Int. J. Algae. – 2008. – 10 (4). – P. 350-364.
- Bozhkov A. I., Menzyanova N. G., Kovalyova M. K. Seasonal peculiarities of the epigenotype formation in the copper-sensitive and copper-resistant strains of Dunaliella viridis Teod. in the process of accumulative cultivation. – Int. J. Algae. – 2009. – V. 11, ¹ 2. – P. 128-140.
- Bozhkov A.I., Kuznetsova Yu.A., Menzyanova N.G. Effect of sodium fluoride on the root apex border cells in one-day-old wheat seedlings // Russian journal of plant physiology. – 2009. – V. 56, ¹ 4. – P. 530-538.
- Bozhkov A.I., Menzyanova N.G. Calorie restricted diet induced alternative pathways of lipid metabolism for support of priliferative processes in regenerating liver // Russian journal of gerontology successes. – 2009. – V. 22, ¹ 3. – P. 440-447.
- Menzyanova N. G. The influence of calorie restricted diet on lipid metabolism and proliferation processes in regenerating liver of rats of various ages. – Aging and longevity problems. – 2009. – V.18, ¹ 1. – Ð. 78-86.
- Menzyanova N.G., Goltvyansky A.V., Kuznetsova Y.A., Sysenko E.I. Season variability of iron effects on periodic culture of microalgae Dunaliella viridis Teod. // Front. Biol.. China. – 2009. – V.4, ¹ 3. – P. 328-336.
- Menzyanova N. G.The productivity of algae Chlorella vulgaris in the flat cultivators in accumulative cultivation / N. G. Menzyanova, E. I. Sysenko // Biological bulletin. – 2009. – ¹1-2. – Ð. 50-56.(in Russian)
- Bozhkov A.I., Menzyanova N.G., Sedova K.V., Goltvyanskiy A.V. The influence of high temperature on cells of Dunaliella viridis (Teod.) (Chlorophyta) sensitive and resistant to copper ions. – Int. J. Algae. – 2010. – V. 13, ¹ 3. – P. 123-137.
- Bozhkov A.I. Cell aggregates forming in Dunaliella viridis Teod. culture is a primary reaction to stress induced by high copper ions concentration / A.I. Bozhkov, À.V. Goltvyanskij, Sh. Rostama // Algologia. – 2010. – V. 20, ¹ 2. – Ð. 151-166.
- Bozhkov A.I., Padalko V.I., Dlubovskaya V.L., Menzyanova N.G. Resistant to heavy metal toxicity in organisms under chronic exposure. – Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. – 2010. – V.48. – P. 679-696.
- Bozhkov A. I., Kovaleva M. K., Menzyanova N. G.Is it possible to «cancel» aging process of cell cultures under optimal conditions for cultivation?. – Adv. Geront. – 2011. – V. 24, ¹ 1. – P. 26–37. (in Russian)
- Kovalyova M. K., Menzyanova N. G., Anshu Jain, Abhishek Yadav, S.J.S. Flora, Bozhkov A. I. Hormesis effect of Dunaliella viridis Teodor. (Chlorophyta) under influence of copper sulfate / // Algologia. – 2011. – V. 21, ¹ 3. – P. 277-294.
Research Institute of Biology,
V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University
Svobodu sq,4, 61022 Kharkov, Ukraine.