Department of molecular biology of ontogenesis
Main aims of Department investigation:
- The investigation of mechanisms of adaptation in ontogenesis.
- Investigation of metabolical changes in ontogenesis and their reversibility and the influence of environmental factors on ontogenesis.
- The elaboration of biological models for investigation of pathologies depending on age.
Investigations are realized on Wistar rats, yeast, microalgae, graminea. The investigations are directed to experimental proof of the integral hypothesis of ageing based on mechanisms of epigenesis and adaptiogenesis.
Head of the Department, doctor of Biology, full professor Anatoliy I. Bozhkov
Membership: Head of the specialized Council for qualification of Ph D and Dr Sci Thesis in biochemistry and human and animal physiology. The Member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Algology and five Ukrainian scientific journals. The Chief of Kharkov Department of the All-Ukrainian society of gerontologists and geriatrists and Chief of Kharkov Department of the Society of Cell Biology. The Head of the Organizing Committee of International Symposia “Biological Mechanisms of Ageing”.
Scientific interests: investigations in the area of ecological biotechnology, biotechnology of biologically active substances; epigenetic mechanisms of ageing, mechanisms of genome expression, and influence of metal ions on genesis of adaptation.
List of Selected Publications:
- Davidov V.V., Nataly M.Dobaeva and Anatoly.I. Bozhkov Possible role alteration of aldehyde’s scavenger enzymes during aging // Experimental Gerontology.-2004.-Vol. 39.-Issue 1.-January.-P. 11-16.
- Bozhkov A.I. Epigenetic mechanisms of ageing. Problemy Starenia I Dolgoletia ( Problems of ageing and longevity), 2005, v.14, p.9.(in Russian).
- A.I. Bozhkov, N.G. Menzyanova & M.K. Kovalyova Annual rhythm of growth intensity of microalgal culture Dunaliella viridis Teod. (Chlorophyta) and fluctuations of some heliophysical factors // International journal on algae, 2008, 10(4):350-364.
- Bozhkov A.I., Menzyanova N.G. Calorie restricted diet induce alternative Pathways of lipid metabolism for support of proliferative processes in regenerating liver // Adv. Gerontology.-2009.-Vol. 3.- N 3.- P. 440-447.
- Bozhkov A.I., Menzyanova N.G., Kovalyova M.K. Seasonal peculiarities of the epigenotype formation in the copper-sensitive and copper-resistant strain of Dunaliella viridis Teod. in the process of accumulative cultivation //International Journal on Algae, 2009, 11(2), 128-140.
- Anatoliy Bozhkov, Vladimir Padalko, Victoriya Dlubovskaya & Natalia Menzyanova Resistance to heavy metal toxicity in organisms under cronic exposure // Indian Journal of Experimental Biology.- 2010.- Vol. 48.- July.-P. 679-696.
- Bozhkov A.I., Dlubovskaya V.L., Dmitriev Yu.V., Meshaikina N.I., Maleev V.A., and Klimova O.M. Supposed Role of “Metabolic Memory” in Formation of Response Reaction to Stress Factors in Young anf Adult Organisms // Advances in Gerontology, 2011, Vol. 1, No 1, pp. 63-71.
- Anshu Jain, Abhishek Yadav, A.I. Bozhkov, V.I. Padalko, S.J.S. Flora Therapeutic efficacy of silymarin and naringenin in reducing arsenic-induced hepatic damage in young rats // Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety.- 2011.- 74.- 607-614.